Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What's in a name anyway?

I've started this blog in my head a million times and the main thing holding me back is lack of a cute name for the whole thing. Pathetic, right? Nope, that's par for this course. I wanted the title to be catchy and cute! When I start something, anything, whatever it is- I want to be good at it right away. No learning curve here, I want to pick up whatever it is and be good! So good in fact, that people will talk about how good I am and what a natural I am and how I should have done this long ago. I have an obvious ego/ pride issue which I'm sure will be discussed at length on many occasions.

Interestingly, over the past few years I have come to realize that learning to do new things is fun! I have a friend that tries to learn something new every year. She never claims to be an expert at any of these things, just learns then for the sake of learning. I have learned to listen to her and have been trying to do the same thing. I let go of that pride and fear and went back to school a few years ago and earned another degree. The following year I began to practice yoga, which has changed my life. Last year I was definitely going to learn how to sew and even got a sewing machine to prove it! But, alas, 'tis still in the box right now. I will learn how to sew, just not quite yet.

Back to the title of this blog. I have these friends, you see, who are creative and funny and smart and beautiful! And when I posed my dilemma they sprung into action and came up with the beginnings of the name. So I think the most important thing I have learned in the past few years which has been a life saver to me is to ask for help when I need it. Not rocket science, but for a girl like me it may have well been.

11 comments:

  1. Love it and love the name, too. Welcome to blogland, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great name! Your a funny lady and I know you are gonna rock at blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a proud step parent! Bravo! Congratulations and many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You GO, girl! I have to clean the cobwebs off my blog one of these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! You're up and running and off to a great start! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff, Weez - you set a nice tone here for the future. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the blogosphere, AmyLou! It's already a better place with you in it. I can't wait to read what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blog name... welcome to the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to reading all about it! I am a total slacker on my blog. You shall inspire me to write mo betta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Dutch-girl the greatest compliment a mentor can have is to watch the student fly by - up,up and away - Carey on Luv

    ReplyDelete