Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thank you.

I love the ride from yoga class to my home and tonight was no exception. The sun was sinking in the sky, glowing pinkish-orange, and was absolutely breathtaking. The road is filled with some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever witnessed and it varies depending on the time of year.

As I was driving along, listening to my favorite playlist blaring through the stereo speakers, a wonderful feeling came over me. Surrounded by this beauty of scenery and music I was reminded that I have a truly wonderful life. I have a husband, dog, and family whom I adore and they adore me in return. I have a really fantastic group of friends both in person and online that fill me with such happiness, laughter, and joy that I laugh and smile like a fool throughout the day. I have a job that I really love and work for a couple whom I admire and respect very much. I have house and garden that I enjoy immensely and a new vehicle that is so much fun to drive! I have everything I could possibly need or want right now and there is an unbelievable feeling of peace and love in my heart.

Now, I am not naive enough to believe that this feeling will last forever but I am smart enough to know that when I do feel this way it's important to acknowledge it. This too shall pass! I remember there was a time in my life when I was empty inside and had nothing to give or receive. My good life does not go unnoticed by me and for that I am grateful. 

Or as my good friend, Lisa, would say: I'm grateful as shit.

5 comments:

  1. Grateful is good. I'm happy that you're happy, Amy. I think the new Jeep might have something to do with it. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Amber and I drive back home from Yoga we end up driving "Yoga Speed." Meaning, we're so relaxed and chill we're driving 10 MPH under the speed limit thinking OMG WE'RE GOING WAY TOO FAST.

    You do that, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you're talking about - running on empty and having nothing left to give. Isn't it nice to be able to appreciate the good things in life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. I am grateful for you, my friend. You are a gift to us all! xo

    ReplyDelete